February 20, 2013

(Long) Weekend Snapshot


Over the long Presidents weekend, I attended the annual California calligraphy conference, Letters California Style put together by the Society for Calligraphy here in LA.

This was the first time that I had attended this conference and I had a blast! I took a course on illumination (like those found in medieval manuscripts), taught by Rosemary Buczek, a master illuminator and owner of The Gilded Quill

I have done a bit of illumination in the past but her process and techniques really taught me an enormous amount. We all worked on the same piece (a design by Rosemary...you can see a work in progress above) but I'm super excited about translating the process into my own work. 

Plus...we got to grind our own pigments to make paint! How cool is that?

xo
Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...