July 17, 2014

Real Wedding | Joanie & Brett's Navy + Copper Save the Date

We've said it a million times...but we just LOVE it when a DIY couple's design shows up in our inbox. Our most recent bride to show us her handy work is Joanie! Thank you so much Joanie for letting us share your GORGEOUS Save the Date with everyone. They're awesome and we love your "out of the box" printing technique tips too! We'll pocket those for later and try them out ourselves.


From Joanie: "The inspiration for these Save the dates came when I was looking for a dress for our engagement party and I came across this beautiful vintage dress in a navy and gold floral jacquard and I thought the colors would compliment the Floral Banner theme of your stamps.  I was thinking "regal", "antique" sort of in that over embellished baroque way and then I came across some old bronze buttons that looked a bit tarnished and I loved the idea of swapping out the gold for bronze.  So that's how I landed on matte navy & bronze." 


The materials used (besides the stamps from Antiquaria) all came from Paper Presentation (http://paperpresentation.com).  

A6 envelopes in Matte Navy
4.5 x 6.25 Crenelle Flat Cards in Natural White
Hero Arts Classic Tea Flower stamp (for back of Crenelle cards)
Tea Flower stamp (for back of small envelopes)
2.75 x 2.75 Matte Navy Envelopes
2.75 x 2.75 Natural white cards
Bronze Metallic Sharpie
Glitter Twine in Metallic Bronze by Knot & Bow
Color Box stamp pad in Bronze

Tools:
Marble rolling pin


"I stamped the back of the Crenelle cards with the Classic Tea Flower Stamp first allowing them to completely  dry before stamping the Save the Date on the other side.

For the large save the date stamp I found that simply covering the stamp with ink and pressing it to the card did not yield an even impression so I thought "What would Benjamin Franklin do?" and I grabbed my rolling pin.  I inked up the stamp, laid the card on top of it and simply rolled the pin over it first north to south and then east to west and the impression was perfect with very little effort exerted.  These need to air dry over night to ensure they do not rub off.  The metallic ink takes awhile to set.  It will smear and smudge onto the envelopes if they are not completely dry.

The same goes for the website cards.  Stamp all the small cards first to let them completely dry while you are stamping the outside of the envelopes. Once you have stuffed all the envelopes cut the twine into 12 inch segments and tie them up like a present. "


"I made up my own calligraphy for the addresses. Mainly I just made the r's and m's very loopy.  I recommend hand addressing the A6 envelopes first letting them air dry over night and then stamping the return address on the outer flap, making sure that the stamps are completely dry before you stack them up."


We love it when clients take on the challenge of addressing their own envelopes! These turned out beautifully. 



Thank you again Joanie! You've provided such AMAZING inspiration and a great example of creatively crafting your own custom design. 

If you have a project to share with us...or questions about our stamps, please reach out to us info{at}shopantiquaria{dot}com!

xoxo,
Emma & Bailey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...